Tuesday, June 15, 2010


Jean Paul Cortorreal
21
Upper Manhattan,Washington Heights, New York

Growing up I was always the book smart kid who got straight As on everything. My older brother who was also smart, could draw so he was pinned as the "artistic" one. I was thrust into the world of academics while he was more relaxed and into his drawings. I took karate classes, he took a painting course. My artistic views were cast into his shadow. As I grew older into high school I met Nelson. He was into this graffiti thing that let my imagination run wild. This is where I let my artistic side really show. Started with sketching my ideas down to now trying new things on a MacBook. Through Nelson is where I met the rest of the Lumno family. They say you can tell a lot about a person by the company you keep, and I can say I'm glad to be in the company of creative geniuses alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment